Saturday, July 5, 2014

Healthy Super Bowl Party Chili

I found a delicious vegan chili recipe and had to share! I made it tonight and Bob and I love it! It doesn't take very long to prepare and is so delicious that even if you're not vegan or vegetarian, you're gonna love it!

Healthy Super Bowl Party Chili



I made a couple of changes to the recipe when I made this the second time: (You know I had to tweak!)
  1. I sauteed my vegetables in water instead of oil. Heat your pot a bit then add the onions and the same amount of water as the recipe calls for oil. Keep a little water handy and add more as needed. You won't need much; the onions will release their own moisture as they soften.
  2. I doubled the chili powder. The recipe calls for 1 tablespoon and I put 2. We like a little more chili flavor.
  3. I didn't use salt at the end. I added the black pepper and the chili tasted great as it was so I left out the salt.
  4. Adding a few drops of tabasco vinegar in my bowl really livened up this chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment