Saturday, July 5, 2014

Waldorf Salad With a Twist

Before I was plant based, I loved Waldorf Salad at Ruby Tuesdays. But I don't get that anymore of course. I've never made a Waldorf Salad, so I looked on the Betty Crocker website. I mean, really, you know Betty Crocker knows how to make it! I had to change it...you already knew that! LOL!







Waldorf Salad With a Twist

1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/4 cup plain soy yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Almond Breeze almond milk
1 Granny Smith apple, coarsely chopped
1 Gala apple, coarsely chopped
2 medium celery stalks, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1 small box Sun-Maid dried cranberries
 
Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and milk in a medium bowl. Stir in the apples, celery, nuts and cranberries. Serve over salad greens if you like. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
 
Note: This recipe does not make a lot of sauce. If you like more sauce than "barely covered" just double the mayo, yogurt, milk and lemon juice.


1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! My mom used to make a Waldorf Salad every year for Thanksgiving; thanks for the re-do! :)

    ReplyDelete